Thursday, April 3, 2008

Double Cheng Beng

Yo! now this is my first official blog.. XD!
today is the 30 , March.
I woke up early on a SUNDAY MORNING! very rare, they should take this into account for the Guinness Book of Records......
I drag my feet into the car with my parents after a breakfast i didn't register cause i am just half awake at that time. I pick up the newspaper cause I know there will be a traffic jam at Paya Terubong where my paternal grandparents grave are.
It was smooth sailing from Sg. Ara to the outskirts of Paya Terubong until.....
THE SOUNDS reach my ears.. horns blaring and exhaust pipes booming while somewhere up ahead people are jostling for the limited parking space available.
So? Wadahell must I care, it’s not like I had my driving license and driving the car now.
We got down from the car, take the stuffs needed for burning. Yes! Bonfire time. , cross the road and met up with my aunt and uncles already there despite the jam. We conduct the traditional prayers under the hot sun why it never rains on cheng beng despite the poem we read in school. Lol. We wait there for a few moments and then started to burn those paper thingy for my grandparents. In a few moments the bonfire was so huge, even the ice cream we bought are melting faster then I had ever seen. A few rows up, someone tried to burn their paper under a papaya tree and ….u know what had happened………lets observe a moments silence for the papaya tree.
After that, my family went to my maternal grandpa grave at Teluk Bahang. It was hotter there and the grave keepers were like bloodsuckers taking RM 3 as parking fee and yet there is no parking lot available. Sweat…
My family climbed p the small hillock and perform the usual tradition. Lazy to blog about. After that we went to eat at a famous chicken rice restaurant in tanjong tokong cannot say name cause can be sued. You will know about that after this. The restaurant is packed with people and business is blooming. My father ordered three plates of chicken rice and we waited for 1 hour and 15 mins. Lol.
While waiting, I saw a rat the size of a rabbit scurrying at the grilles there. YUCKS!! What does the health ministry do nowadays? Wasting our taxes.
Well that’s all and nothing eventful happened after that.

No comments: